The Honkai Star Rail beta is now open for sign-ups – hop in line to be in with a chance of getting access for a taste of Hoyoverse’s greatly anticipated turn-based, open-world RPG. If you’re a fan of Honkai Impact 3rd or Genshin Impact, it’s likely you’re just as excited about this title as we are, so you won’t want to miss this opportunity.
If you’re wondering how to access the Honkai Star Rail beta, you’re in the right place. In this guide, we go over all the steps you need to follow to get yourself registered, what the application process entails, and what features you can expect from the closed beta. But keep in mind that time is ticking, and you need to sign up soon to be in with a chance of accessing this exciting game.
To keep on top of all the latest Honkai Star Rail news, check out our Honkai Star Rail release date and Honkai Star Rail characters guides. We also have plenty of guides to help you in Hoyoverse’s other hit title, including our Genshin Impact tier list, Genshin Impact codes, and more.
Here’s everything you need to know about the Honkai Star Rail beta.
How do I sign up for the Honkai Star Rail beta?
Signing up for the Honkai Star Rail beta is pretty easy. However, keep in mind that the beta is only open to a limited number of players worldwide, so signing up doesn’t guarantee that you’ll get access. Additionally, if you do get access, Hoyoverse will delete all of your progress at the end of the beta test, as the game is likely to change before its official release.
When you sign up, you’re required to fill out a survey, and may be asked to participate in a voice-call interview over Discord during the beta.
To sign up, follow these steps:
- Head to the official sign-up page
- Click the ‘enter sign-up’ button
- Login to your Hoyoverse account, or create a new one
- A survey pops up, primarily asking about your personal gaming preferences and habits. Fill out the survey to continue
- After completing and closing the survey page, fill out your email address and platform preferences
- Click the ‘get code’ button. At this point, you receive a verification code by email
- Enter the verification code, accept the terms and conditions, and click submit
- When you’ve completed all these steps, a ‘sign-up successful’ message appears
- Wait and see if you’re selected! Hoyoverse will notify you by email if you’re successful
When is the Honkai Star Rail beta?
Sign-ups for the Honkai Star Rail beta opened on April 28, 2022, and closes on May 15, 2022. Hoyoverse is yet to announce when the beta is due to go live, but will release an announcement on its official website, Twitter, Facebookand instagram closer to the time. We’ll also update this guide as soon as we find out more.
What is Honkai Star Rail?
Honkai Star Rail is an upcoming, turn-based, open-world RPG by Hoyoverse and set in the Honkai universe. Board the astral rail and travel across a variety of unique worlds, each filled with heaps of exciting adventures and surprises. Combining elements of myth and legend with a space setting and sci-fi plot, the journey you begin on invites you to meet new companions along with familiar faces from the previous entries, as you resolve conflicts and unravel the mysteries of this new world.
The gameplay features newcomer-friendly, strategic turn-based combat, huge maps to explore, mazes and puzzles to solve, and a strong narrative to dive into. Check out the beta trailer below to find out more.
What are the system requirements for the Honkai Star Rail beta?
Unlike the previous beta which was only available on iOS, the new beta supports PC, Android, and iOS platforms. In order to enjoy a smooth testing experience, Hoyoverse recommends the following specifications or higher.
- pc: Intel® Core™ i5 Processor, 8 GB of RAM, discrete graphics card, Nvidia GeForce GTX 970
- Android: Snapdragon 865, Kirin 9000
- iOS (iPhone): iPhone X, iPhone 8 Plus. Must be iOS 12 or higher
- iOS (iPad): iPad with Apple A12 processor or better (October 2018 model or later). Must be iOS 12 or higher
macOS is currently not supported.
That’s everything we know about the Honkai Star Rail beta at the moment. Good luck getting in – we hope to see you on the Astral Express soon. In the meantime, check out our list of games like Genshin Impact to keep you busy while you wait.